Western Union International Money Transfer
Western Union connects more than 200 countries through its international money transfer services. OMT, Western Union’s first Accredited Agent in Lebanon, opens a two-way channel with the WU network.
Through more than 1,400 OMT locations across Lebanon, you can receive money sent to you through any WU Agent abroad and send money from Lebanon to any country within the WU network, without needing a bank account. The amounts sent can be received within minutes of transfer.
To locate the nearest Western Union Agent or use WU digital solutions, you can visit WU website and indicate your country of residence on the following link:
For more information about how to send and receive money with OMT | Western Union, you may refer to the sections below.
Central Bank of Lebanon decision# 14/44/00 dated 4/10/2000
How to Send Money
How to Receive Money
Terms & Conditions
- The Western Union Money Transfer Service is available to persons 18 years of age or older.
- A valid government-issued ID or passport is required to send and receive funds.
- You may be required to provide additional details if instructed by the agent.
- Transfers sent to Lebanon are collected in USD exclusively. A 2% cash-handling fee is applied on inbound money transfers to manage USD liquidity, including shipping, transportation, insurance and distribution costs. The 2% fee appears on the receiver’s receipt under “رسوم إدارة النقد” (Cash management fee).
- Limitations on amounts that can be sent vary by country. Please inquire in advance by calling OMT Customer Service Center +961 1 391 000.
- Western Union exchange rates are applicable when converting money from US Dollars to other currencies and vice versa.
- Other terms and conditions may be applicable, including during certain promotion periods. For complete details, please call +961 1 391 000.